What Will It Take?
The Armory Foundation has released the qualifying procedures for the Larry Byrne Boys' and High School Girls' Miles to be contested at the Millrose Games on Feb. 16, 2013.
2013 Millrose Miles Qualifying Policy
• Twelve boys and girls will be selected.
• All auto-qualifying must be done in races at The Armory during the 2012-2013 season.
• For automatic bids, only the winner or the top two places will receive invitations. Subsequent placers will not slide up into auto qualifying spots if the auto advancers either decline the invitation or have already qualified.
• Once all automatic bids have been determined, the next two fastest runners from races at The Armory will be invited, bringing the total athletes invited to 10.
• Two exceptional athletes from out of the area will be invited as well. Invitations will be selected based in times run during the 2012-2013 indoor season.
• Full fields will be posted on Wednesday, January 30th on ArmoryTrack.com
Automatic Qualifying Races
Bishop Loughlin Games (Dec. 15, 2012) — Winner qualifies
North Shore Invitational (Dec. 28, 2012) — Winner qualifies
Hispanic Games (Jan. 5, 2013) — Top two qualify
Millrose Trials Night (Jan. 16, 2013) — Top two qualify
New Balance Games (Jan. 26, 2013) — Top two qualify
Race Committee — Tim Fulton, Brett Hoover, Jack Pfeifer, John Nepolitan, Bassett Thompson